If you are like me you are pulling in the last of the peppers before the freeze. What do you do with all these peppers? Think a sweet but fiery sauce to put on top of just about any dish. Also think Christmas presents for those in your life that like it HOT! Introducing Uncle John’s Ring of Fire! Thankfully he was willing to share his recipe. When we asked him if we could share the recipe with you, he replied with a wink and a smile “I have no secrets, at least when it comes to food.” Thank you John. This sauce is so good!
- 1 large onion
- 12 habaneros
- 5 cloves of garlic sliced
- 1 8 oz jar of peach preserves
- ¾ cup white vinegar
- ½ to 1 tablespoon of salt
- Fire up the grill
- Slice one large onion, thick
- Grill the onion & 12 habaneros peppers
- Remove from grill when slightly charred
- Pull stems off peppers-USE GLOVES!!!
- Saute 5 cloves of sliced garlic in olive oil, in medium skillet, add the onions and peppers to skillet for a few minutes longer.
- Throw it all in a blender
- Add peach preserves, vinegar & salt, blend to puree
- Pour into a decorative bottle for gifts or mason jar
Believe it or not I accidentally bought my habanero plant when I was picking up some jalepeno plants at the feed store. Boy, I am sure glad I made that mistake. I will be including one in my garden every year! Here is a link to the best bottles I found for gifts. They are 10 oz so a little smaller than the one pictured and have a good cap for dispensing a little at a time, which is a feature you will appreciate when you taste how hot this is. If you have a lot of people who “like it HOT” then these 5 oz bottles might be good for you. A decorative tag is all that is needed for a special personal Christmas gift from your garden.
This post contains an affiliate link. I only recommend things that I have tried out myself and really like, for your convenience. If you click on the link and buy something, even if it is not the thing I recommended, I get a small compensation at no cost to you.