Welcome to the Simple Homestead blog hop!
We are so glad that you have stopped by for a visit! We encourage you to look through some of the great posts shared by our readers and then take the time to read those that interest you. If you are adding to our list, thank you for sharing your homesteading, homemaking, and homeschooling posts with us. It’s so much fun to read your hints, tips, and happenings. We hope you have fun exploring all the great ideas everyone has shared with us.
This week we are celebrating the Simple Homestead blog hop’s second anniversary! As some of you may remember, we began as the Homemaker Hop, then two years ago we morphed into the Simple Homestead blog hop. In honor of this celebration, we are thrilled to be co-hosting a giveaway this week along with Michelle of SoulyRested.com.
Today’s blog hop happens to be extra SWEET because we’re giving away not only a jar of all-natural maple sugar, fresh from a small New England farm (courtesy of Michelle at SoulyRested.com), but also an amazing, beautiful, $39.95-value book to help you in your own sugar making efforts: The Sugarmaker’s Companion (affiliate link) by Michael Farrell (courtesy of Chelsea Green Publishers).
For mouth-watering ideas of ways you’ll be dying to use maple sugar, as well as her Top Ten Reasons that maple sugar is the best sweetener you could ever use, Michelle has put together info, lists, recipes, and more on her post this week, over on SoulyRested.com.
For instance, did you know that maple sugar has fewer calories than white sugar, AND is loaded with antioxidants? (Those are just two of the ten reasons why maple sugar is the best sweetener you’ll ever use; you can read the other eight reasons on Michelle’s post.)
To read Michelle’s review of The Sugarmaker’s Companion: An Integrated Approach to Producing Syrup from Maple, Birch, and Walnut Trees (affiliate link) along with her 5 top reasons you might want to make sure you have your own copy of this fabulous book, head over here.
But whatever you do, make sure you enter in the box below for your own chance to win this SWEET giveaway! Then scroll down to the Simple Homestead blog hop.
Meet Our Great Co-hosts
Each week we’ll feature the most-viewed post from last week’s hop. Each host also features her own picks from the posts linked the previous week. Visit each of our blogs to see if you were featured this week.
You are invited to share your original homesteading, homemaking, and homeschooling posts. We have a few little rules:
- Family friendly posts only!
- No links to blog hops or posts dedicated to advertising products.
- Please share posts that you haven’t linked up previously to keep the hop fresh.
- Please visit other bloggers and let them know you found them here.
- Please follow us by email! You’ll receive notice when the hop is open for business.
- Only share content and photos that you have created or have permission to share.
- By linking to this hop you are giving us permission to link back to your post and share one photo if you are featured; no additional permission is required.
- Please note: Posts that don’t follow these few little guidelines will be deleted.